Links: AFCSM | EatSleepFootball | Mourinho Game | Arsenal

 

"It was the winter holiday and I was back in Togo having a kickabout with friends when my phone rang.One of the boys answered it and said, 'Manu, it's Arsene for you'. 'Arsene who?' I said. 'Arsene Wenger', he said. 'Get out of it', I said, and grabbed the phone off him. But then I heard the voice. 'Allo'. F*****g hell. It is Arsene Wenger!"
-Emmanuel Adebayor




Bergi: Ill go to Spain


Dennis Bregkamp has told Arsene Wenger that he is prepared to travel to Spain by road to play Real Madrid.

Dennis does not travel to most of Arsenal away matches in Europe because he is afraid of flying.Bergi said:"I am prepared to go but it's up to the boss."

"I am just happy to play in any game but I can't talk about games in Europe when I am not even playing at home."

Talking about the Real Madrid match, he said:
"It's important we get a goal in the Bernabeu,"

"If we score then we know we have a great chance in the return leg at Highbury. If we can do that then we have a very good chance of going through."

Bergi has played 23 times this season, 11 off which are off the bench. Defeat at the Bernabeu will put Arsenal in a conundrum at Highbury, elimination from the competition would mean Arsenal will go a season without a trophy. The last time Arsenal went a season without a trophy was in the 00/01 season, Arsenal did the double the following season.

posted by highbury1913 @ 4:26 pm | |



<< Home