Links: AFCSM | EatSleepFootball | Mourinho Game | Arsenal

 

"It was the winter holiday and I was back in Togo having a kickabout with friends when my phone rang.One of the boys answered it and said, 'Manu, it's Arsene for you'. 'Arsene who?' I said. 'Arsene Wenger', he said. 'Get out of it', I said, and grabbed the phone off him. But then I heard the voice. 'Allo'. F*****g hell. It is Arsene Wenger!"
-Emmanuel Adebayor




Capello On Arsenal... Wenger On Becks And Henry

Fabio Capello told the Official Juventus Website that he believes that all 8 of the remaining teams in the champions league and said:
"The game against Arsenal is the draw of the round. Arsenal are a great team: it's not easy to beat Real Madrid and they managed it, they also defended their advantage very well at home. They have a group of young players that are gaining experience and could be dangerous."


Arsene Wenger admits that he is interested in Becks but doesnt know if Becks feels the same way about Arsenal. He also expects David to extend his contract at Real Madrid.
"I do not know what his intentions are," the Arsenal boss declared.

"If you ask me, 'do you rate him as a player?' I say yes. 'Could he play for Arsenal?' I think he has the qualities to do it. 'Have I been in for him?' I say no. 'Do I know what his intentions are?' I do not know.

"Only Beckham can create that answer, I cannot speak for him.

"From what I understand, he will extend his contract at Real Madrid."

Arsene also said that he believes Thierry Henry will not be influenced by anyone in making his decision to remain at the club or not.

"I believe Thierry has to make up his mind, and as much as I know Thierry, I think he will not be influenced by anybody. When he will be ready, he will let me know," said Wenger.

"If Thierry stays it is for four years, I believe. And if he stays, it is because he has decided to make the rest of his career with the club.

"It means his name will be associated with the club for his career, basically.

"He has to make up his mind on that, and he has a choice to make which is basically a career choice.

"We have no problems on the terms of the contract, and I do not think the financial issue will be a problem.

"We will go with what we think is right. I do not say it has been agreed, but I just do not think that will be a problem."

posted by highbury1913 @ 7:26 pm | |



<< Home