Links: AFCSM | EatSleepFootball | Mourinho Game | Arsenal

 

"It was the winter holiday and I was back in Togo having a kickabout with friends when my phone rang.One of the boys answered it and said, 'Manu, it's Arsene for you'. 'Arsene who?' I said. 'Arsene Wenger', he said. 'Get out of it', I said, and grabbed the phone off him. But then I heard the voice. 'Allo'. F*****g hell. It is Arsene Wenger!"
-Emmanuel Adebayor




Pires: I Have To Convince Arsene Wenger



Robert Pires is not budging in an attempt to get a 2-year extention to his contract from Arsenal.

Arsenal want to stick to their policy of extending contracts of players aged more than 30 years old for not more than a year but Pires wants a longer deal so he doesnt need to be like Bergkamp and sign a new contract every summer.

"It is difficult. But I don't want to get into the Dennis Bergkamp formula of having to sign a new contract every summer," insisted Pires.

"I have to convince Arsene Wenger that I can still perform at this level. I will try to convince him and it is not easy."

Pires is also trying to win a place in the French squad ahead of the World Cup.

"I have got two men to convince," he continued.

"It is a big challenge but we will see at the end of the season. This game is going to be very important to that.

"My problem with France is that I am not playing very much with Arsenal and that is probably why I wasn't picked for the friendly with Slovakia.

"There are still two months and I still believe. The recall of Mikael Silvestre gives me hope and the coach knows me very well. But I have to play better with Arsenal."

posted by highbury1913 @ 8:25 pm | |



<< Home