Links: AFCSM | EatSleepFootball | Mourinho Game | Arsenal

 

"It was the winter holiday and I was back in Togo having a kickabout with friends when my phone rang.One of the boys answered it and said, 'Manu, it's Arsene for you'. 'Arsene who?' I said. 'Arsene Wenger', he said. 'Get out of it', I said, and grabbed the phone off him. But then I heard the voice. 'Allo'. F*****g hell. It is Arsene Wenger!"
-Emmanuel Adebayor




Hopes For Quarter-Final Draw: Bring On Barca!



When the final whistle blew and Arsenal eliminated Real Madrid, one thing came to mind..."Bring On Barca!"

The draw for the quarter-finals, which will take place on friday in Paris, will see a lot of big name teams absent from the list of qualifiers including Chelsea, Liverpool, Real Madrid and Bayern Munich.

What I want to see is Arsenal being drawn against Barcelona! Why? Like most Arsenal fans, I was happy to see us draw Real Madrid in the first knock-out round eventhough there was a good chance they would have eliminated us. The main reason is that I want to see our players to show the Chelsea's and Man Utd's of the footballing world that Arsenal are not a team on a slide!

If we beat Barcelona, it could possibly lead to Thierry Henry staying at the club. I know that there are fans out there saying that Arsenal's only hope of qualifying is by drawing Villarreal or Benfica but seriously, we have been eliminated by weaker teams, and if we go down, we will go down in style.

All in all, the main reason I want to see Arsenal play Barcelona is because I want to know who well we stack up against probably the best team in the world. If we dont get Barcelona, my second choice would be Benfica, not because they are weak(well they are not weak, the beat Liverpool 3-0 on agg), but because they have already knocked-out 2 english clubs and I badly want to see Arsenal break the chain. Not really a great post, but thats what i think!

posted by highbury1913 @ 9:52 pm | |



<< Home