Links: AFCSM | EatSleepFootball | Mourinho Game | Arsenal

 

"It was the winter holiday and I was back in Togo having a kickabout with friends when my phone rang.One of the boys answered it and said, 'Manu, it's Arsene for you'. 'Arsene who?' I said. 'Arsene Wenger', he said. 'Get out of it', I said, and grabbed the phone off him. But then I heard the voice. 'Allo'. F*****g hell. It is Arsene Wenger!"
-Emmanuel Adebayor




Wenger: I Made Some Wrong Choices... You Should Be Proud Arsene!



Arsene Wenger has admitted that he may have made some bad choices this season, and says that he is to blame for all the downs in the current campaign.

Wenger said:
“It’s true it has been a bad season and that is not something I have been used to at Arsenal.

“I have been living with the anxiety that perhaps I made some wrong choices when you look at our league form this season. So now my job is to steady the ship.

“But my dream remains to win the European Cup this year and reconstruct another invincible Arsenal side to match the one which made history in 2004.”


I believe that this is actually a good season for us. Yes, we have had problems in the premiership but I have never been more confident of an Arsenal side in Europe, Wenger should take credit for that. He picked a 4-5-1 formation against Real Madrid and that ended up being the difference between the 2 sides over 2 legs, the midfield. Wenger also has not taken credit for creating another bright young star in Cesc Fabregas who can also improve with age. He also didnt take credit for some great signings like Alex Hleb and Abou Diaby, who have fitted in well in our side. He also didnt take credit for ending the Real Madrid Galactico era, or for securing the signature of England's future, Theo Walcott. to me this is a good season, and we have actually made leaps towards becoming the best club in England again, eventhough the premiership table may say otherwise.

The reason why some[0.1%] of the Arsenal fans have called for Arsene Wenger's head during our tough period when the side were suffering against the lights of West Brom and Everton is because of the hype created by the English press. They made Arsene the villain by stating everytime we lose that it was Wenger's choice to sell Vieira, therefore he is to blame. I personally thought we sold Vieira one season too late, we should have sold him when Real Madrid offered 30million pounds!

I feel that Wenger has nothing to feel sorry about as he has made Arsenal what it is, a respectable, great, young, talented ENGLISH side! He should have nothing to feel sorry about. Yes, he made some 'so called' bad decisions but if it leads us to the Champions League trophy, then so be it!

posted by highbury1913 @ 11:02 pm | |



<< Home