Links: AFCSM | EatSleepFootball | Mourinho Game | Arsenal

 

"It was the winter holiday and I was back in Togo having a kickabout with friends when my phone rang.One of the boys answered it and said, 'Manu, it's Arsene for you'. 'Arsene who?' I said. 'Arsene Wenger', he said. 'Get out of it', I said, and grabbed the phone off him. But then I heard the voice. 'Allo'. F*****g hell. It is Arsene Wenger!"
-Emmanuel Adebayor




Lots Of Stories: Vieira On Arsenal, Henry Awarded Another Award, Arsenal Through To Cup Final... and Many More



Patrick Vieira believes that he has a better chance of winning the Champions League with Juventus than he ever had with Arsenal. Vieira is excited at the prospect of returning to London but said that when he was given the chance to join Juventus, he accepted because he had a better chance of winning the Champions League with them.
"This is the strongest team I have ever played in," Vieira told the News of the World.

"I had to turn the page on Arsenal and I've done that, now I feel I am in a team who have a great chance of going all the way.

"I had nine years at Arsenal but I felt like I needed to re-launch my career.

"When I came to Juventus I always knew I was coming to a side who would have the players to go far in the Champions League.

"I didn't ever feel confident we would win the trophy [at Arsenal], we never seemed to be complete enough, it's different at Juventus.

"I've no regrets about leaving Arsenal, it's proved to be a fantastic move for me and I'm sure there are better things to come."



Arsene Wenger believes that we have not seen the best of Togo international Emmanuel Adebayor. Adebayor scored the second goal in Arsenal's 3-0 trashing of Charlton, taking his tally to 3 goals in 7 matches for Arsenal.

Wenger said: "He had two or three good chances and I believe his finishing will improve," said the Arsenal boss. "I believe he gives something to the team and gives Thierry (Henry) more room."

Arsenal's Thierry Henry and chief Jamie Oliver have been awarded BT Childline's celebrity award for this year.

‘People in the public eye have a responsibility to set a good example for young people. I’m glad that the work I have been a part of, standing up against racism and bullying in football, has made an impact on children. That’s a huge reward for me – and this BT ChildLine Award is a great bonus!’

Thierry was awarded his trophy at Arsenal's training ground in Hertfordshire.



Robert Pires will have a chance to get the 2-year contract he desires. Unfortunately, it isnt at Arsenal. Le Guen, who will take charge of Scottish club Rangers in the summer, is supposedly prepared to offer Pires deal said to be worth £50,000 a week for atleast 2 years.

Pires has been looking for a 2-year contract extension at Arsenal but Wenger wants to stick by Arsenal's policy of offering only 1-year extensions to players over the age of 30.



Thierry Henry has warned the Arsenal players not to rule out Bolton in the hunt for the 4th Champions League spot. Henry is happy that eventhough for only 2 hours, Arsenal were 4th in the table, a spot that they have struggled to achieve. Reporters caught up with Henry after Arsenal's win against Charlton, and the captain had this to say:

“We have not seen fourth spot for a very long time,” said the Arsenal captain. “So it was very important.

“At the end of the day, I am already thinking ahead. We will see what Tottenham are going to do in the game now, but it is better to be where we are now than where we were before.

“Also people are forgetting to talk about Bolton and Blackburn too, because everyone is saying it is an Arsenal-Tottenham fight.

“Bolton have two games in hand, and if they win those, they are going to be flying. It is going to be a tight one, so we will have to see.”



Arsene Wenger believes that the next coach of England should be Alan Curbishley. Wenger commented before Arsenal's match against Charlton:

"Curbishley is capable of doing it," said Wenger.

"He has at least 10 years' experience of coaching at the top level and it is a job for experienced people.

"In a big tournament, when you have to make a big decision in the 65th minute, you have to make the right decision and he has that experience. It would be better if Curbishley had experience of coaching in European football, but it would not put me off."



Arsenal will play Leeds United in the final of the Women's FA Cup on May 1st at Millwall.

Arsenal beat Charlton 2-1 after extra time, a goal from Jayne Ludlow in the second minute of stoppage time gave the Arsenal Ladies the win. The Leeds United Ladies beat Liverpool 2-0, but it could have been more with Leeds hitting the woodwork 3 times!

posted by highbury1913 @ 11:11 pm | |



<< Home