Links: AFCSM | EatSleepFootball | Mourinho Game | Arsenal

 

"It was the winter holiday and I was back in Togo having a kickabout with friends when my phone rang.One of the boys answered it and said, 'Manu, it's Arsene for you'. 'Arsene who?' I said. 'Arsene Wenger', he said. 'Get out of it', I said, and grabbed the phone off him. But then I heard the voice. 'Allo'. F*****g hell. It is Arsene Wenger!"
-Emmanuel Adebayor




Post Match: Real Players And Manager Accept Defeat



Real Madrid player David Beckham and manager Juan Ramon Lopez Caro have accepted the fact that they were outplayed by a outstanding Arsenal side.

Beckham was quick to say that the 1-0 defeat is not a bad result as Real still have a chance of going through. He also said that his side were lucky to get away with only a 1-0 defeat when it could have been worse.

"I knew after five minutes we were going to lose, but we have got away with it, we could have lost by more." -David Beckham

"It's going to be hard. I have played at Highbury a number of times and I know how difficult it is," he said.

"But it's possible - we've got the players. If we get one goal and then two, we're through, but we have made it very hard for ourselves."


The Real manager also said that Arsenal deserved the win and like Beckham was quick to point out that the tie is not over.

"The tie is over 180 minutes," he continued. "It was a big setback but I still believe in the team.


"The important thing is that we perform individually. I am sure that it will be a totally different game in London."

"Their defensive solidity cancelled out our attacking threat and we must rediscover it if we are to get through."

posted by highbury1913 @ 11:08 pm | |



<< Home