Links: AFCSM | EatSleepFootball | Mourinho Game | Arsenal

 

"It was the winter holiday and I was back in Togo having a kickabout with friends when my phone rang.One of the boys answered it and said, 'Manu, it's Arsene for you'. 'Arsene who?' I said. 'Arsene Wenger', he said. 'Get out of it', I said, and grabbed the phone off him. But then I heard the voice. 'Allo'. F*****g hell. It is Arsene Wenger!"
-Emmanuel Adebayor




€24m for Da Silva? Crap Thats a Lot Of Money

Eduardo Alves Da Silva, better known as Dudu has expressed his delight at signing for us. The problem I find though is the statement by Dinamo Zagreb's president who said that the deal is worth €24m! That the whole of Henry's fee! If this is true, surely Huntelaar, Babel, even Anelka would have been cheaper and with proven pedigree?!

Dudu said:
"I am excited and happy in the same time, also a very proud that I am going to play in such a big club. Every football player want to play for [FC] Barcelona, Real [Madrid CF], Manchester United [FC] or Arsenal one day and so do I. I want to progress in my career, but it is be hard to leave Dinamo Zagreb after eight years. I will miss the club, the guys...I will be back one day, but now I want to accept a new challenge."

Mirko Barišić, NK Dinamo Zagreb president, added:
"I think the transfer is worth €24m from the money Arsenal got after selling Henry to Barcelona."

-UEFA.com

Now if the transfer fee the president is talking about is true I can confirm that the transfer market has seem a huge inflation over the past 12 months and the
£16m we thought earlier was good money now seems like peanuts. That would only leave us with £2m(Muamba), £8m(Reyes), Larsson(£1m), £3m(Aliadiere) + the transfer budget of £12m that was supposedly part of the contract agreements with the banks when we refinanced the stadium last season. That means £26m left, still enough to get Sagna(£6m), Huntelaar(£12m) and Quaresma(£8m) ;-)

Tell me what you think of the new signing. Click the comments link below!

posted by highbury1913 @ 9:52 pm | |



<< Home