Links: AFCSM | EatSleepFootball | Mourinho Game | Arsenal

 

"It was the winter holiday and I was back in Togo having a kickabout with friends when my phone rang.One of the boys answered it and said, 'Manu, it's Arsene for you'. 'Arsene who?' I said. 'Arsene Wenger', he said. 'Get out of it', I said, and grabbed the phone off him. But then I heard the voice. 'Allo'. F*****g hell. It is Arsene Wenger!"
-Emmanuel Adebayor




(Part II) What Can They Bring To The Team? ...Anelka

Yesterday I posted an article on possible Thierry Henry replacements and readers posted their own thoughts on players being linked to us. You can view the article here.

Before I begin let me just mention why I didn't add Nicolas 'Le Sulk' Anelka to the list. I could give you a 300 word essay on why I think he should not even be considered by Arsene Wenger but I would be lying. The truth is I forgot. Simple as that. So without further delays,

Nicolas Anelka
Anelka left Arsenal nearly a decade ago to play football the galactico way. His young age brought with it a lack of maturity that Anelka would later regret. Despite Arsene Wenger wanting to keep Nicolas Anelka, Le Sulk sulked his way out of the club. Little did he know that his leaving would be the best thing to ever happen to the club. His £23m move to Real Madrid saw Arsene sign Thierry Henry as his replacement and at only £12m Arsene Wenger made a profit of £11m plus a player that was not only more loyal, respectful, talented and mature than Anelka but also a player that would go on to rewrite history as Arsenal's top goalscorer with 226 goals. Why am I giving a history lesson? Because the belief that nothing else matters as long as you win is not true. We may win the league after a 3 year hiatus, we may finally win Mr. Big Ears, we may make history as the first club to go a whole season unbeaten TWICE! But how much fun is it when we don't feel the love for the player that's scoring those goals. I celebrated every Henry goal like it was his last and if Anelka joins Arsenal I will celebrate every goal HOPING that its his last. I never forgave him for what he did to the club and I never will. He angered me by celebrating goals against us while at Man City and now at Bolton. How can you be so disrespectful to the club that gave you your career. I don't want Nicolas Anelka at Arsenal because I will not reach fever pitch when he scores. I would rather see us finish 4th again than see Le Sulk pun on a red and white shirt again!

I know there are many Arsenal fans that see Anelka as the best candidate to replace Henry. And I can agree to an extent. He has speed, his finishing is probably one of the best in the league, his experience at this level is critical and he doesn't mind taking a pop from 30 yards out. But its not always about the W's. I cant even put my hatred for him into sentences.

Again, I would like to say these are just my views on Anelka and you guys can freely give your points on why we should / shouldn't sign Arsene's former prodigy.

posted by highbury1913 @ 7:24 pm | |



<< Home