Links: AFCSM | EatSleepFootball | Mourinho Game | Arsenal

 

"It was the winter holiday and I was back in Togo having a kickabout with friends when my phone rang.One of the boys answered it and said, 'Manu, it's Arsene for you'. 'Arsene who?' I said. 'Arsene Wenger', he said. 'Get out of it', I said, and grabbed the phone off him. But then I heard the voice. 'Allo'. F*****g hell. It is Arsene Wenger!"
-Emmanuel Adebayor




Weekly Round Up: Less Barca, More Malouda

Pires talked to the Daily Star and said that Thierry Henry should join Barcelona as Arsenal is 'at the end of a cycle'. Now, I'm not denying that Arsenal are at the end of a cycle but Bobby, being an Arsenal legend shouldn't have made that comments as he knew how much we love Arsenal. Here's what he said:
I think Thierry Henry would be very happy at Barca. I should not be saying this as Arsenal, their manager and their fans are all very good. But it would be best for him to make a change. Arsenal are at the end of a cycle. They have signed some good new players but they are still very young.
Adebayor signed Arsenal being tagged Togo's Craig Bellamy and yet he has been nothing but a total pro since joining us. He is one of those player, though he will never be your favourite player but because he is such a nice guy, you cant help but love him. Anyway, he said that he is improving everyday as an Arsenal player.

Franck Ribery has joined Bayern Munich. I have lost all respect for this kid. First he says he will only leave the club he loves (I'OM) if they don't qualify for the CL. They go one better and automatically qualify and he still leaves!

Yaya Toure wants to join Barca. Why is this Arsenal news? Because the english press love making every player an Arsenal target. Wenger was offered Yaya and declined a few years ago, its hard to see him wanting Kolo's brother now.

Thierry Henry has stated his frustration last season with the exit of David Dein. I have to agree with Arseblogger, no player should get involved in the board room, they are paid to play football
and that's what they should do. It scares me that he may be using this as an excuse to leave the club...

The biggest news of the week is that we apparently we are planning to sign Malouda from Lyon, Liverpool's 8m bid was accepted but there are problems with agreeing personal terms.

posted by highbury1913 @ 7:41 pm | |



<< Home