Links: AFCSM | EatSleepFootball | Mourinho Game | Arsenal

 

"It was the winter holiday and I was back in Togo having a kickabout with friends when my phone rang.One of the boys answered it and said, 'Manu, it's Arsene for you'. 'Arsene who?' I said. 'Arsene Wenger', he said. 'Get out of it', I said, and grabbed the phone off him. But then I heard the voice. 'Allo'. F*****g hell. It is Arsene Wenger!"
-Emmanuel Adebayor




Gilberto is the new Henry...

Gilberto will miss the start of the new season as he is set to captain the Brazilian squad at this years Copa America. According to the Daily Mail, he will miss the first leg of our CL Qualifier and the first match of the season. Its sorta like Deja Vu, I remember Henry starting the season similarly last season and we all know how his season went. I just hope Gilberto doesnt suffer from fatigue after the tournament as he was our saviour this season and his experience will be very important next season.

Barca's Xavi is already dreaming of an Henry-Eto'o partnership. He can dream all he wants but as far as I can see is Henry is being lined up as a replacement for Eto'o. Eto'o has already made it clear that he is unhappy with his surroundings at Barca and probably wants out. Barca would probably settle for a lot less than what he is worth as most clubs know that Eto'o wants out. The only question remains, IF (and thats a BIG IF) Henry is to join Barca, does he want Eto'o there? Apparently Titi is friends with the Barca star but ive never heard him admit it. I only hear Eto'o saying this.

posted by highbury1913 @ 11:29 pm | |



<< Home