Links: AFCSM | EatSleepFootball | Mourinho Game | Arsenal

 

"It was the winter holiday and I was back in Togo having a kickabout with friends when my phone rang.One of the boys answered it and said, 'Manu, it's Arsene for you'. 'Arsene who?' I said. 'Arsene Wenger', he said. 'Get out of it', I said, and grabbed the phone off him. But then I heard the voice. 'Allo'. F*****g hell. It is Arsene Wenger!"
-Emmanuel Adebayor




Im sick of Gallas and his rants

Don't get me wrong Gallas is an excellent player but I cant stand players who seem to enjoy talking to the press instead of working it out with the manager. Yes, our kids are not world class yet but you cant blame them for a bad season. You can blame Wenger, Dein, Hill-Wood but you cant blame the kids as they don't pick the teams, they just play to the best of their ability. Its not their fault their not the finished article yet.

He seems to think he is bigger than the team just because he is more experienced than most of the players. He thinks Wenger should make the team should revolve around him. Now Arsene has always done that, shape a team around one player but it surely isn't going to be around an aging DEFENDER. It use to be Henry but as he gets older Wenger seems to be shaping the team more around Fabregas now which is understandable. Gallas though thinks he is the best player in the team even though he has yet to prove that he is even better than Kolo.

I think Arseblogger was spot on when he said we have the new Anelka. I do believe Willie Gallas is a world class defender but if he thinks he is better than Arsenal than he should think again. His return to the team from injury hasn't made our results any better and he even had the nerve to complain about Arsenal's physio team, the best in the country! I remember clubs use to ask for advice from Garry Lewin how to get players back from long term injuries quicker as Arsenal have such a great record with treating long term injuries.

Despite all this I don't want him to get sold especially not before Senderos who I think has lost some of the ability he had in our CL run last season, maybe its fatigue but Djourou certainly is our 3rd choice CD now ahead of his international teammate Senderos. I think Gallas should just work any problems he has in the squad out with Wenger instead of thinking the press will answer his problems. Having said that, maybe his rants are a plea to Real to come get him...

posted by highbury1913 @ 11:57 am | |



<< Home