Links: AFCSM | EatSleepFootball | Mourinho Game | Arsenal

 

"It was the winter holiday and I was back in Togo having a kickabout with friends when my phone rang.One of the boys answered it and said, 'Manu, it's Arsene for you'. 'Arsene who?' I said. 'Arsene Wenger', he said. 'Get out of it', I said, and grabbed the phone off him. But then I heard the voice. 'Allo'. F*****g hell. It is Arsene Wenger!"
-Emmanuel Adebayor




Who is more excited, Silent Stan or PHW?

It kinda makes you wonder doesn't it? Who is more excited about Peter Hill-Woods flight to the States? Silent Stan is obviously living up to his reputation as he is being exacted that...silent. Hill-Wood is obviously going there in behalf of the Board as its unlikely he wants to sell his tiny 0.1% of shares. And they did state they want to meet Stan to 'discuss' his intentions, which I'm sure means, "You either be a sugar daddy or NO!". Stan though despite making it very clear that he will make time for AST doesn't have the time for PHW (no offense to AST but clearly the chairman is more important when it comes to negotiation -if there ever was something that the Glazer family proved this is it: Fans can hate you all they want but if the board are convinced..) and is only going to have the meeting months after spending 70m+ on it. And of course the most important question...will Double D be there? It can happen but something tells me if Dein wanted to help Stan that badly, he would have sold him his shares already, just a hunch though.

Well, thats something to ponder on 'while we wait for the kids to deliver', which Wenger said to the clubs official magazine, will happen next season. To me that comes as no surprise as Wenger has always been a motivator and he definitely wont say, "This team is crap, I'm buying a new one!"
To me though the fact that Wenger has not made it clear that he will sign an extension is something to be more worried about than signing any superstar. All the titles in Newsnow will tell you the same thing, "Wenger staying" or "Wenger leaving" (depending on which article the Daily Mail decided to release today), but all go on to state wither that Wenger will be with Arsenal next season or he is leaving in the summer. To me that is not the problem, there is no doubt in my mind that Wenger will honour his contract but its more important that he signs an extension. His and Arsenal's future is anything but safe.

Adebayor has been rewarded for being the 'Spud-Destroyer' this season by getting a new long term contract. I think he deserves a new contract but I still do think he is a utility striker that should only be used when the situation arises. He should be paid well, but anything near Freddie's wages is way to high. Thats my two cents on the matter.

Henry thinks Beckham deserves to get into the England squad again. I do actually think that England do look weak on the right without Becks but a return to the starting 11 is out of the question, his return will make Lennon's progression harder. He would make the perfect super-sub though. And although England fans can never boast at winning anything since 66', they can proudly say we have a player who's weekly wage can slowly cure Africa of poverty....sitting on the bench!

Transfer crap:
Arsene wants Owen. Well it probably isn't crap since he would bring a lot to our team but after a season that saw us finish so badly because of injuries to strikers, the last thing we need is a 27 year-old striker who gets injured more times than as often as Pennant gets drunk!

I'OM amazingly finshed second! Yes, second and get an AUTOMATIC CL spot....thats better than Arsenal. That means the chances of Ribery leaving I'OM has gone down about 0.2%. I have to say though, if Marseille could finish that high up the table, eventhough it is the french league....thats a sign from above!

And finally, while Liverpool will be at their 2nd CL final in 3 years, and Milan's 3rd in 5... I will be sitting at home wondering if Larsson's pass to Eto'o was offside! I'm gonna be supporting Milan by the way...

posted by highbury1913 @ 8:20 pm | |



<< Home