Links: AFCSM | EatSleepFootball | Mourinho Game | Arsenal

 

"It was the winter holiday and I was back in Togo having a kickabout with friends when my phone rang.One of the boys answered it and said, 'Manu, it's Arsene for you'. 'Arsene who?' I said. 'Arsene Wenger', he said. 'Get out of it', I said, and grabbed the phone off him. But then I heard the voice. 'Allo'. F*****g hell. It is Arsene Wenger!"
-Emmanuel Adebayor




CL Final Assistant Ref Pictured In A Barca Jersey

Ole Hermann Borgan, no he is not the next Theo Walcott...he is the Norwegian assistant referee at the Champions League final in Paris that posed in a Barcelona home jersey for the Norwegian newspaper Drammens Tidende. He has now come out and said that he was stupid and said that this would not affect his performance in Paris.

He said:
"It was both thoughtless and stupid of me," Borgan told the newspaper's website.

"I didn't think the situation and consequences through when I was asked to put on the shirt."

The referee for the match is also Norwegian, Terje Hauge who is now famous for sending off Asier Del Horno in Barcelona's match against Chelsea at Stamford Bridge earlier this season. Terje was one of the referees at the 2002 FIFA World Cup in Korea and Japan but has not been called-up for the 2006 FIFA World Cup in Germany.

posted by highbury1913 @ 10:20 pm | |



<< Home