Links: AFCSM | EatSleepFootball | Mourinho Game | Arsenal

 

"It was the winter holiday and I was back in Togo having a kickabout with friends when my phone rang.One of the boys answered it and said, 'Manu, it's Arsene for you'. 'Arsene who?' I said. 'Arsene Wenger', he said. 'Get out of it', I said, and grabbed the phone off him. But then I heard the voice. 'Allo'. F*****g hell. It is Arsene Wenger!"
-Emmanuel Adebayor




Lehmann No.1... Pires: No Villarreal Deal... Cole's Agent Guilty

Jens Lehmann has been named German No.1 ahead of this years world cup. Lehmann's rival and bitter nemesis Oliver Kahn fancied his chances but was disappointed when he heard the news. Klinsmann is said to have picked Jens because of his outstanding display for Arsenal in the premiership and Champions League."This was the most difficult decision of my term," said Klinsmann in a statement released by the German Football Federation. Oliver Kahn decided to look on the bright side, "I will now, in the coming weeks, fully concentrate on my duties with Bayern Munich." said Kahn after admitting his disappointment.

Robert Pires has denied rumours that he has agreed a deal with Arsenal opponents in the semi-finals of the champions league, Villareal. "The Italian press say I am going to Roma or to Fiorentina," he told L'Equipe. "The Scottish press say I'm going to Glasgow Rangers. I am supposed to be going everywhere, but the truth is I have still not taken a decision." he continued. "It makes me laugh. I will make the decision but it is also nice to be watched by other clubs."

Ashley Cole's agent Jonathan Barnett has been charged with breach of conduct[illegal approaches to clubs by players under contract] by the FA and Players' Agents Code of Conduct by FIFA which states that agents are required to respect third parties and in this case, Arsenal would be the third party. Cole, Chelsea and Mourinho have all be charged and fined by the FA already.

posted by highbury1913 @ 11:23 pm | |



<< Home