Links: AFCSM | EatSleepFootball | Mourinho Game | Arsenal

 

"It was the winter holiday and I was back in Togo having a kickabout with friends when my phone rang.One of the boys answered it and said, 'Manu, it's Arsene for you'. 'Arsene who?' I said. 'Arsene Wenger', he said. 'Get out of it', I said, and grabbed the phone off him. But then I heard the voice. 'Allo'. F*****g hell. It is Arsene Wenger!"
-Emmanuel Adebayor




Cesc Is Still A Catalan

Cesc In MarcaI think Shaffarullah has nailed his article on Cesc Fabregas's future at Arsenal. Marca recently published a story that new Real Madrid president, Fernando Martin has made Cesc his prime target during this summer. Shaffarullah said that Cesc probably would not stay Arsenal for the rest of his life, and I agree. After all, if you were a football player, even if your happy at your club, wouldnt you want to join your favourite team...and in Cesc's case its Barca.

I doubt he will leave for Arsenal anytime soon, especially not for Real Madrid...its like asking Steven Gerrard to play for Everton! And like Shaffarullah, I dont want him leaving one day saying that Arsenal are not matching his sporting ambition! Im sure Cesc knows that at this time in his career, it is more important to play than to win trophies...unlike someone who is using the one title that he has never won to find his way out of the club.

Dont get me wrong, If you want to win something very badly, and dont see yourself getting it in a certain club, by all means, move on but atleast....atleast in your final season at the club, show that you care....instead of just playing in the champions league while you moan in the EPL! This has nothing to do with Fabregas by the way...Seriously, If you dont know who im talking about, youre probably not an Arsenal fan.

Back to the topic that is Cesc, yes, I do think that he will eventually join Barca, but I think it will be near the end his career, and he would want to end it with his favourite club.

Also, like Shaffarullah said, if we sell him, lets hope we can get lots of cash from the transfer. And Shaffarullah went on to say, "We do all the hard work in educating him but that future club would reap the rewards in the long run". That sounds a lot like what Rupert Lowe said when we signed Theo Walcott!

I hope we would never have to put Southampton and Arsenal in the same sentence again, lol!

Remember, this is just MY opinion, feel free to post your thought! Im ready for some TH14 fans to start bashing me!

posted by highbury1913 @ 12:51 pm | |



<< Home