Links: AFCSM | EatSleepFootball | Mourinho Game | Arsenal

 

"It was the winter holiday and I was back in Togo having a kickabout with friends when my phone rang.One of the boys answered it and said, 'Manu, it's Arsene for you'. 'Arsene who?' I said. 'Arsene Wenger', he said. 'Get out of it', I said, and grabbed the phone off him. But then I heard the voice. 'Allo'. F*****g hell. It is Arsene Wenger!"
-Emmanuel Adebayor




Jens Happy At Arsenal



Arsenal goalkeeper Jens Lehmann has been offered a new one-year contract and he has made it clear that he wants to stay.

“Jens Lehmann’s has not been signed yet but we are close to an extension of one year,” Wenger told Arsenal's Official Website. “That's what I offer him."

"My contract ends this summer and I've been offered a new one," Lehmann told The Sun.

"I love it here and it would be good to stay, not just for me and my wife but for my sons too as their education is going well.

"They have both said they would like to remain in England for another year or so."

Lehmann has played at Arsenal for three seasons now and Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger agrees with most fans that this is his best season yet.

"We are close to agreement about another year's contract," said Wenger. "It has been his best year for us, even better than the season we went unbeaten."

posted by highbury1913 @ 10:03 pm | |



<< Home