Links: AFCSM | EatSleepFootball | Mourinho Game | Arsenal

 

"It was the winter holiday and I was back in Togo having a kickabout with friends when my phone rang.One of the boys answered it and said, 'Manu, it's Arsene for you'. 'Arsene who?' I said. 'Arsene Wenger', he said. 'Get out of it', I said, and grabbed the phone off him. But then I heard the voice. 'Allo'. F*****g hell. It is Arsene Wenger!"
-Emmanuel Adebayor




Henry: I Dont Know Whether Ill Stay Or Leave



Thierry Henry has admitted that he is unsure of his future at Arsenal FC. The Arsenal captain has been a tranfer target for many sides including Barcelona and Real Madrid.

Despite verbally promising Arsenal fans that he will stay at the club, it appears that Henry has decided that he MAY have a future in Spain, Italy or even back to France - Who knows, i cant even understand why he would leave us in the first place!

Henry told L'Equipe:

"Honestly, I do not know whether I will stay or leave. I am in talks, but above all I focus on the pitch.

"I have always stated Arsenal are the club in my heart. Whetever happens, that will never change.

"I hope my future will be settled before the World Cup."

This interview will definately be bad news for Wenger and Hill-Wood. Both the Arsenal manager and chairman were very very positive in interviews about Henry's future. Both of them were hoping that the win in Spain was enough to influence Henry's decision, but it appears it has not.

"I can only be encouraged to believe this magnificent result will help to convince Thierry to stay," Hill-Wood told The Sun.

"I hope we can talk about his contract soon.

"Becoming the first British team to beat Real Madrid in their own stadium has shown him the potential we have at Arsenal.

"I am cautiously optimistic about our future and that includes keeping Thierry.

"I don't believe Thierry has ever questioned the ambition of Arsenal, but other people certainly have."

Real Madrid's chairman Florentino Perez was impressed by Henry's performance against his side and could be finding a replacement for Ronaldo who could possibly be looking at a move back to Italy in the summer. Barcelona, who recently beat Chelsea, have made it obvious that they intend on bringing King Henry to Spain but insist they will do it in a respectful way.

posted by highbury1913 @ 8:58 pm | |



<< Home