Links: AFCSM | EatSleepFootball | Mourinho Game | Arsenal

 

"It was the winter holiday and I was back in Togo having a kickabout with friends when my phone rang.One of the boys answered it and said, 'Manu, it's Arsene for you'. 'Arsene who?' I said. 'Arsene Wenger', he said. 'Get out of it', I said, and grabbed the phone off him. But then I heard the voice. 'Allo'. F*****g hell. It is Arsene Wenger!"
-Emmanuel Adebayor




Cesc Happy With Madrid Interest, Clichy Setback



Arsenal youngster Cesc Fabregas is happy to be linked with a move to Real Madrid. The Spanish midfielder has been linked with a £15 million move to the Bernabeu.

Cesc told AS: "I am very happy at Arsenal, but of course I am also happy that Madrid are being linked with me.

"In any case, I am now with my team 100 per cent. I have not received any offer and I do not know anything about anything.

"I read the press and I know what is said, but they have treated me very well at Arsenal since I joined the club."



Bad news alway accompanies good news at Arsenal as Gael Clichy has been ruled out till April after a problem accured while recovering from his injury. Gael has been out for most of the season with a stress fracture in his foot. After revealing that he was almost back to full fitness, this news comes as a fatal blow to his and Arsenal's season as fellow left-back Ashley Cole is also sidelined.

“Gael has had a setback,” confirmed Arsène Wenger on Friday. “It was very bad for us and very discouraging for him. At the moment he is a bit down in morale, a bit low. I am as well for him because I expected him to be back very, very soon.”

“It looks like it will be three to four weeks at the moment,” said Wenger. “It is exaggerated to say he won’t play again this season but certainly not before April.”

posted by highbury1913 @ 10:44 pm | |



<< Home