Links: AFCSM | EatSleepFootball | Mourinho Game | Arsenal

 

"It was the winter holiday and I was back in Togo having a kickabout with friends when my phone rang.One of the boys answered it and said, 'Manu, it's Arsene for you'. 'Arsene who?' I said. 'Arsene Wenger', he said. 'Get out of it', I said, and grabbed the phone off him. But then I heard the voice. 'Allo'. F*****g hell. It is Arsene Wenger!"
-Emmanuel Adebayor




Henry: My Team Showed Me I Didn't Have To Leave

Thierry Henry is staying at Arsenal, 5 words that is healing the pain of Paris. On the flight home from Paris, Henry picked up the intercom and said: "We must pick ourselves up and make sure we come back stronger next year."

Now, our King Henry has finally decided to stay. He told The Sun: "I hope to stay for as long as I can keep running. I couldn't face leaving the fans. They're like my family,". He then added: "I hope to finalise all the details today."

Henry also admitted that his sides amazing display against Barcelona in Paris helped him make up his mind, eventhough Arsenal lost 2-1 to 2 late goals from Barca. He said: "My team showed me I didn't have to leave. They showed me they had heart,". He added: "Everything was up in the air for a very long time. But at the end of the day, the team raised their game." Henry admitted his admiration for Barcelona but it was nothing compared to what the Arsneal layers showed him on Wednesday, "Don't get me wrong. I love Barcelona. But on Wednesday night, Arsenal showed me they had heart."

posted by highbury1913 @ 3:13 pm | |



<< Home