Links: AFCSM | EatSleepFootball | Mourinho Game | Arsenal

 

"It was the winter holiday and I was back in Togo having a kickabout with friends when my phone rang.One of the boys answered it and said, 'Manu, it's Arsene for you'. 'Arsene who?' I said. 'Arsene Wenger', he said. 'Get out of it', I said, and grabbed the phone off him. But then I heard the voice. 'Allo'. F*****g hell. It is Arsene Wenger!"
-Emmanuel Adebayor




Eboue: Pat Rice taught me a lot

Emmanuel Eboue has admitted that he owes a lot to Assistant Manager Pat Rice for his big improvement this season. He had this to say:
"I used to get confused and not know when to go forward and when to stay put," says Eboué, the midfielder turned flying full-back. "But Pat Rice has taught me a lot about defending. He turned me into the player I am. Without him I would have been lost in England."
He also thanked former ASEC Abidjan academy coach
Jean-Marc Guillou for helping him start his career.
"I owe Guillou a lot," says Eboué. "It's thanks to him I feel comfortable in defence, but can attack too. I know how to play in lots of positions. I didn't always play at full-back before, I've played in midfield and I played in central defence in Belgium. Guillou helped us with our technique, with the physical side and the mental side."
He also mentioned how studying his 'big brother'(Kolo Toure) tackles helped him improve defensively.
"I feel comfortable now when I'm up against a forward - I know how to go about stopping him. I make a point of watching matches, the right-back in particular, seeing how the team play. I needed to work on my tackling - I copied my big brother. Now I don't have a problem."

Click here to read the full interview with UEFA.


Discuss this article at our forum.

posted by highbury1913 @ 9:48 pm | |



<< Home