Links: AFCSM | EatSleepFootball | Mourinho Game | Arsenal

 

"It was the winter holiday and I was back in Togo having a kickabout with friends when my phone rang.One of the boys answered it and said, 'Manu, it's Arsene for you'. 'Arsene who?' I said. 'Arsene Wenger', he said. 'Get out of it', I said, and grabbed the phone off him. But then I heard the voice. 'Allo'. F*****g hell. It is Arsene Wenger!"
-Emmanuel Adebayor




Clichy On His Way Back

Gael Clichy is hoping to make his way back to the Arsenal lineup, as his fitness continues to improve. This is definately good news for Arsenal as Arsene Wenger was forced to place many players out of position to fulfill the position. The left back position is currently vacant as Ashley Cole(thigh), Pascal Cygan(hamstring), Lauren(hamstring) and Kerrea Gilbert(back) all fell to injuries while occupying it.

Gael picked up the injury while playing for the french Under-21 team against the England Uder-21 team at The European Championship Play-offs first leg match at White Hart Lane. It was later discovered that he had a stress fracture of the foot(it sounds just as bad as it is).

“I feel really good,” he told Arsenal.com. “I have been working with the fitness coach since last week. I hope that I can be back in the next week or maybe two weeks time. I am looking forward to playing again and helping the team.”

The player currently playing in the jinxed position is an Arsenal youngster by the name of Sebastian Larsson who played a great game against Birmingham on Saturday. It may come as a surprise to most, but left back is not Larsson's prefered position.

posted by highbury1913 @ 11:52 pm | |



<< Home