Links: AFCSM | EatSleepFootball | Mourinho Game | Arsenal

 

"It was the winter holiday and I was back in Togo having a kickabout with friends when my phone rang.One of the boys answered it and said, 'Manu, it's Arsene for you'. 'Arsene who?' I said. 'Arsene Wenger', he said. 'Get out of it', I said, and grabbed the phone off him. But then I heard the voice. 'Allo'. F*****g hell. It is Arsene Wenger!"
-Emmanuel Adebayor




Hleb Wants Out, Real Want Wenger

Arsenal recent £9million signing Alexander Hleb is trying to leave the Gunners for German side Hamsburg.Hleb held talks with Hamburg's director Michael Schroeder on Monday without Arsenal's permission. Hleb has not settled well in England after only starting 10 matches and was sidelined for 2 months with a knee injury. Arsene signed him from Stuttgart hoping to make him a long-term replacement for the aging Robert Pires.
Hleb said: "Of course I'm disappointed about the team's results and also that I can't convince my coach Arsene Wenger on the field."




Arsene Wenger has revealed that he's turned down a fresh offer from Real Madrid president Florentino Perez for the Arsenal manager to take over the coaching spot at Real Madrid starting next season.
"But I must stay faithful to my contract (with Arsenal)", he said. "It's not that I do not want to coach Real Madrid, but the project I have initiated here (at Arsenal) has been going for so long and is so exciting that I could never leave"- Wenger told Frace Football.

posted by highbury1913 @ 3:34 pm | |



<< Home