Links: AFCSM | EatSleepFootball | Mourinho Game | Arsenal

 

"It was the winter holiday and I was back in Togo having a kickabout with friends when my phone rang.One of the boys answered it and said, 'Manu, it's Arsene for you'. 'Arsene who?' I said. 'Arsene Wenger', he said. 'Get out of it', I said, and grabbed the phone off him. But then I heard the voice. 'Allo'. F*****g hell. It is Arsene Wenger!"
-Emmanuel Adebayor




I praise the Man Utd fans

What a game! A great result and what a way to get our first win of the season, winning at Old Trafford! Anyway, I would like to praise the Man Utd fans who admitted that they were not the better side, all that is except one. This article shows the disease that I like to call, 'My Team Always Plays Well Syndrome'. It happens when a fan believes that his team is so good that they always play well, and a loss is either 'unlucky' or bad-refereeing. This Man Utd fan cant seem to admit that Arsenal played better than Man Utd, instead blaming 'dishonest commentary'. He claimed that Man Utd played better, Hleb was invinsible throughout the game and that Djourou did not play as well as the press said he did. Well, all I have to say is that I'm glad that most all us bloggers do not suffer from this symdrome and admit when our team does not play well. And a special salute to this Sp*rs fan, for having the balls to post this article.

On to footballing matters,
It looks like Jens Lehmann is under investigation for kicking a bottle into the crowd at Old Trafford. Arseblogger though got an e-mail from a fan saying that Lehmann was being called some terrible words by the United fans, if its true...i would like to see some action taken against those United fans.

Arsene Wenger wants the Arsenal fans to stop singing homophobic chants about Ashley Cole at matches. I dont really see a reason why we should chant about Cole, he's gone, get over it. Wouldnt it be better to sing songs that can lift the atmosphere at the great Emirates Stadium.

Arsenal are apparently chasing Southampton left back Gareth Bale and have already had an a bid during the transfer window rejected. I dont really know much about him other than he is not English, which can only be a good thing.

Wenger has explained that the reason Baptista is not starting is because he didnt have a good pre-season and is lacking fitness. I hope he gains fitness fast, he amazed me in the short period he was on at Old Trafford.

And Arsenal have more depts, 100m pounds more to be exact. But thanks to our fantastic run in Europe lasts season, he also made a profit of more than 100m pounds. Which leaves me to wondering how rich Real Madrid really are...

And the biggest news this week is BBC's Panorama film about bungs. Sam and his son Craig Allardyce look to have gotten themselves into trouble while Chelsea tried to 'tap-up' a 15-year-old.

Discuss this article at our forum.

posted by highbury1913 @ 4:14 pm | |



<< Home