Links: AFCSM | EatSleepFootball | Mourinho Game | Arsenal

 

"It was the winter holiday and I was back in Togo having a kickabout with friends when my phone rang.One of the boys answered it and said, 'Manu, it's Arsene for you'. 'Arsene who?' I said. 'Arsene Wenger', he said. 'Get out of it', I said, and grabbed the phone off him. But then I heard the voice. 'Allo'. F*****g hell. It is Arsene Wenger!"
-Emmanuel Adebayor




We were chasing 2 Argentinians and ended up with an overated Brazilian

To start things off, take this as good news, bad news or the funniest news you have ever heard this transfer window. Tevez and Mascherano have joined West Ham, yes I said West Ham on a season long loan deal. I really wanted Mascherano, Tevez was tempting but I never really saw him fitting in our set-up.

And its finally over, I hope, Reyes has left Arsenal for Real Madrid in a deal that sees Julio Baptista and 2mil pounds come in our direction. Not a bad deal as I never really liked Reyes that much, having said that Baptista doesnt seem like he can score lots of goals. And where will he fit in the squad. He plays the attacking midfielder role, he plays just behind the forwards. I cant see Wenger dropping Gilberto and Fabregas is out of the question. I dont think he will replace any of our strikers so this all points to our 4-5-1 formation in Europe. I see the formation turning into more of a 4-4-1-1 this season with Baptista sitting behind Henry. I dont think Arsene will go with this formation in the premiership though, so ill be surprised if he isnt 'forced' to play right-wing, replacing Freddie who isnt getting any younger.

Arsenal are also trying to secure a work permit for Sho Ito, a promising Japanese 18-year-old before the transfer deadline. Arsene though, instead of making us foam at the mouth with the posibility of another young talent decided to compare him to, well read the quote yourself.
"I like him, I want to sign him and we are applying for a working visa for him on the basis of exceptional talent," Wenger said.
"Last season we had an exceptional talent visa for a Cameroon international, Alex Song, and this player looks another exciting prospect."

Dennis Bergkamp has been awarded the World Top Scorer Award for 1992. It apparently took a panel from IFFHS (International Federation of Football Historians and Statistics) 14 years to decide how many goals César Augusto Obando scored for Honduras in 1992.

And apparently with Mascherano joining West Ham, Reo-Coker is on his way to Arsenal, supposedly the transfer fee is 15mil pounds but I doubt West Ham will sell their captain(i think) that easily.

I hope the Cole saga ends today and doesnt drag on till January. If he isnt leaving now, Ashley should come out with a statement that says he will stay at the club till the end of the season, cause im sure Arsenal wont sell him in January. This will mean that all the tabloid rumours will stop and we will get Gallas for free :)

Thats all for now....lets hope we wake up Friday morning and see Robinho, Ronaldinho and Messi in Arsenal kits, lol!

Discuss this article at our forum.

posted by highbury1913 @ 10:59 pm | |



<< Home