Links: AFCSM | EatSleepFootball | Mourinho Game | Arsenal

 

"It was the winter holiday and I was back in Togo having a kickabout with friends when my phone rang.One of the boys answered it and said, 'Manu, it's Arsene for you'. 'Arsene who?' I said. 'Arsene Wenger', he said. 'Get out of it', I said, and grabbed the phone off him. But then I heard the voice. 'Allo'. F*****g hell. It is Arsene Wenger!"
-Emmanuel Adebayor




CL 2nd Leg: Zagreb Preview

Arsene Wenger says we have completed 80% of the Zagreb job. Cant say I disagree. 3-0 from the first leg. Only the dumbest gambler will bet on Zagreb going through. Its not impossible though, with the right strategy, Zagreb can find themselves in the group stage and 15 million pounds richer.

It will be hard though as their most experienced and i guess famous player, Jens Nowotny is injured and wont be back till Christmas. Well, our Jens(Lehmann) has joined the growing list of injured players which includes Reyes and Rosicky. Reyes didnt feature in the first leg but Rosicky did and played very well in the left-wing position formerly played by Robert Pires, now on the treatment table at Villarreal.

The 3-0 with should give us some confidence to relax and play our favourite counter-attacking football as Dinamo Zagreb will have to attack. I just hope they dont go and do something stupid and attack and leave the defence wide open. In our 2 matches we have played in Emirates Stadium, we have conceded the first goal both times. Lets hope it doesnt happen again.

I do not think Henry will play as Wenger has been pointing out for the past 3 weeks that Henry isnt as fit as Wenger wants him to be. The french national team coach, Raymond Domenech didnt help eaither by playing Henry for the full 90 minutes against Bosnia. I suspect the strike force to be Adebayor and Van Persie, while Theo will occupy the left-wing position. I dont think Freddie will play either. Dont expect another big win though, I think this match will be much tighter, but we should still win.

For those of you living in UK, you can watch the match on ITV4 at 7.30pm. And for those of you in South East Asia like me, watch it on Astro Supersports at 3am(Aug 24th). Enjoy the match.

Discuss this article at our forum.

posted by highbury1913 @ 11:52 pm | |



<< Home