Links: AFCSM | EatSleepFootball | Mourinho Game | Arsenal

 

"It was the winter holiday and I was back in Togo having a kickabout with friends when my phone rang.One of the boys answered it and said, 'Manu, it's Arsene for you'. 'Arsene who?' I said. 'Arsene Wenger', he said. 'Get out of it', I said, and grabbed the phone off him. But then I heard the voice. 'Allo'. F*****g hell. It is Arsene Wenger!"
-Emmanuel Adebayor




Pires Wants Fast Deal

Robert Pires wants to sign a new contract quickly. Admitting that he wants to stay at Arsenal for another 2 more years. The player has been under the soptlight recently for wanting a 2-year contract extension but Arsene Wenger's rule of not offering players above the age of 30 only 1-year extensions almost caused him to look else where.

Speaking to L'Equipe: "I don't know what will happen as I have still not met Arsene Wenger."

"We should have a meeting before January 31."

"I am waiting to see what he will offer me. Ten days ago in the press, he said he was keen to offer me a two-year contract."

"It is impossible to keep my present conditions. At a certain time, you have to accept a wage cut."

It looks to me like clubs that offered him contracts probably didnt want to give him much, so he is looking to make the wage cut at Arsenal as little as possible!

from Arsenal-Mania.com

posted by highbury1913 @ 9:09 pm | |



<< Home