Links: AFCSM | EatSleepFootball | Mourinho Game | Arsenal

 

"It was the winter holiday and I was back in Togo having a kickabout with friends when my phone rang.One of the boys answered it and said, 'Manu, it's Arsene for you'. 'Arsene who?' I said. 'Arsene Wenger', he said. 'Get out of it', I said, and grabbed the phone off him. But then I heard the voice. 'Allo'. F*****g hell. It is Arsene Wenger!"
-Emmanuel Adebayor




I can almost smell Barcelona in the last 16

Not a bad time to start blogging again after my exams. The win over Romanian side Steaua Bucharest wasn't enough for top spot in the group. The result of this is that we can play Real Madrid, Porto, Inter, holders AC Milan or the club that made us £16.1 million richer Barcelona. Anyone else playing for a reunion with The King himself. Everyone can remember the last time we had a reunion with a former captain of the club. Patrick Vieira was on the wrong end of a 2-0 scoreline at Highbury 2 years ago. If that isn't bad enough, he lost the ball for the opening goal when Robert Pires decided to make his first ever tackle to get the ball, a few seconds later the ball was in the back of the net. Scored by PV4's 'replacement', Cesc Fabregas. Hopefully we can see a similar reunion when Titi visits with Arsenal winning thanks to goals from Eduardo(he can score in Europe, its the league that he has problems with).

I will definitely want to avoid Real Madrid, they made not be the Galácticos anymore but they are definitely much better than the has-beens we played against in '05. This Real Madrid side have a strong attacking line up in Robinho, and THAT guy. They now also have a strong defence as Bernd Schuster has built on Fabio Capello's success on building a strong team that can defend.

The obvious choice most people would want will be Porto but I remember how they dominated us in Portugal last season and I dont want a repeat of that. I would much rather test our ability against the holders or Inter which in previous seasons have proved how inconsistent they are. That just my views. Feel free to post your views in the comments section below or at the GoonersWorld forums.

Discuss this and other Arsenal articles and topics at GoonersWorld forums!

posted by highbury1913 @ 10:40 pm | |



<< Home